1. How are naturopathic services provided ‘online’ or via skype or phone?
If you do not live in Turin or if I can spare you the stress of coming to the centre of town, online consultations are for you! These simply consist in using email to book appointments and exchange documents and consulting via phone or skype.
2. What symptoms do you normally treat?
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms below, you can expect to feel better following my treatment plans.
- Headaches, migraines
- Feeling tired, lack of energy
- Trouble sleeping, insomnia
- Stress, anxiety, panic attacks, mood swings, irritability, depression
- Lack of concentration, lack of memory
- High cholesterol, high blood pressure
- Digestive problems, acid reflux, ulcers, bloating, constipation, IBS, bad breath
- Blood sugar management, hypoglycemia, metabolic syndrome, diabetes
- Allergies, food sensitivities, food intolerances, food cravings
- Urinary track infection
- Women’s concerns: Pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS), painful periods, irregular periods, endometriosis, hormonal disturbances, candida, menopause, pre-menopause, post- menopause, hot flashes
- Fertility concerns, preparation for conception for him and her
- Feeling toxic or in need of a cleanse / detox program
- Weight loss and slow metabolism
3. Can I follow a naturopathic treatment if I am currently taking pharmaceutical drugs?
Naturopaths are trained in understanding interactions between natural therapies and conventional medicine. It is in the client’s best interest to inform all medical practitioners of all types of treatments they are following; including supplements, herbal and pharmaceutical medication. As a naturopath, I aim to work with other medical providers as I recognize that many practices are complimentary.
4. What to send or bring before the first visit?
- Naturopathic Health Assessment Form
- Food log
- Consent form
- Recent blood work or laboratory testing
5. What is the difference between naturopathy and homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a sysystem of complementary approach in which ailments are treated by minute doses of natural substances that in larger amounts would produce symptoms of ailment. Naturopaths use homeopathy as one tool, other tools such as nutrition, herbal medicine, physical exercise programs and life style management are used to heal and restore balance.