Looking for a dairy-free cheese lternative? Check out this delicious faux-cheese recipe!
- 190 grams (1 1/2 cups) plain cashew nuts (not roasted or salted)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) water
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (optional; substitute water if preferred)
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice or good vinegar
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Place the nuts in a salad bowl, cover with fresh water, and let stand for 2 hours.
Drain the nuts and place them in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Add 60 ml (1/4 cup) water and the rest of the ingredients, and mix until thoroughly puréed, stopping to scrape the sides of
the bowl every once in a while. Add a little more water if necessary and blend again to adjust the consistency; the cheese will get a little more solid as it sets.
Transfer to a bowl, cover, and let stand somewhere cool for 24 hours before placing in the fridge, where it will keep for another 5 days.
recipe courtesy of www.chocolateandzucchini.com