These are the brownies you’ve always been dreaming of: gooey, sweet, chocolaty, sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and oh sooo delicious! Check out how easy they are to make and treat yourself this weekend!
2 cups whole hazelnuts
2 1/4 cups of chopped dates
1 cup high quality cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pit the dates, if they are not yet pitted, chop and place in a 20 x 25 cm cake mold or pan.
- Cover 1/3 of dates with bowling water. Place a cover or dish rag and let rest for a few hours. This will make them softer and easier to mix later.
- Place hazelnuts in food processor or blender and mix until the nuts are finely ground into flour or reduced to butter. Depending on the quality of your blender, you may need to do this in small batches of nuts in order to get them completely pulverized and not to put too much pressure on your blender.
- After dates have absorbed all of the water and have been sitting for at least 3 hours place them in a large bowl and mash them up into a pulp with a fork.
- Slowly add the cacao powder and salt while mixing.
- Add ground hazelnut slowly while mixing with the fork.
- Grease your 20 x 25 cm cake pan or mold with sesame, nut or olive oil.
- Press into your 20 x 25 cm cake pan or mold.
- Place in freezer or fridge until ready to serve not letting them freeze simply to make cutting and serving easier.
- Store in sealed container in fridge.